Information for Health Care Workers
Main Page Content
Directive #6 for Public Hospitals within the meaning of the Public Hospitals Act, Service Providers within the meaning of the Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994, Local Health Integration Networks within the meaning of the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006, and Ambulance Services within the meaning of the Ambulance Act, R.S.O. 1990 c. A19
Effective Date: August 17, 2021
Every covered organization must establish, implement and ensure compliance with a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees, staff, contractors, volunteers, and students.
For complete details and requirements, see Directive #6
Prioritization of Health Care Workers for COVID-19 Vaccination
The Ministry of Health’s Guidance for Prioritizing Health Care Workers for COVID-19 Vaccination provides guidance for the prioritization of health care workers for vaccination based on risk of exposure, patient populations served, and incidence of COVID-19 outbreaks.
Health Care Provider Guidance Documents:
Ministry of Health Resources
- Long-Term Care Home / Retirement Home Resources
- Health Care Provider Education Documents
- General Immunization Documents for Patients
- Youth Resources
- General Immunization Documents for Immunizers and Vaccine Clinics
- Consent for COVID-19 Vaccination Documents
- Ethical framework for COVID-19 vaccine distribution - FR
- Public Health Ontario Resources
SickKids – Reports of myocarditis/pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination FAQ for health-care providers
Kids Health First – Information for Providers (Resources for Health and Social Service Providers)
COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy – Anticipatory Guidance for Pediatricians
- Product Monograph – Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Product Monograph – Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Product Monograph – AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine
- Product Monograph – Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
Reporting of Adverse Events
Health care providers are required to report an adverse event following immunization. To report an adverse event to the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit (WECHU), please complete Public Health Ontario’s Adverse Event Following Immunization Reporting Form and submit it to the WECHU by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (519)-977-1711.
To learn more, visit Public Health Ontario’s Adverse Event Following Immunization Info Sheet.