News Release: Youth 12+ Can Now Book a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
Main Page Content
For Immediate Release
Sunday, May 23, 2021 | 8 a.m. | Windsor and Essex County
As of 8 a.m. today, youth 12 years of age and older can book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment in Windsor and Essex County at a mass vaccination clinic or a local pharmacy administering the Pfizer vaccine. For a full list of participating pharmacies, please visit the provincial COVID-19 pharmacy vaccine locations webpage.
Youth must be 12 years of age on the day of their appointment and it is strongly encouraged that those under 16 years of age be accompanied by their custodial parent or guardian.
Appointments are required at all of the mass vaccination clinics and no walk-ins will be permitted. We are asking that people please bring their health card to their vaccination appointment.
Please be reminded that these appointments at the mass COVID-19 vaccination clinics are for first doses only and must be scheduled through the online booking system or by calling the vaccination booking call centre at 226-773-2200.
Despite the vaccine rollout, please continue to practice public health measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community:
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from others.
- Limit your contacts to your household only.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use a medical or non-medical mask (e.g., cloth) in public settings.
- Cover mouth & nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home and do not go to work or school if you are sick.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine booking and eligibility, please visit http://www.wevax.ca. For comprehensive information about COVID-19 vaccines including facts, myths, FAQs, vaccination statistics, and more, please visit wechu.org. You can also subscribe to receive email updates from the Windsor Essex County Health Unit about COVID-19 vaccines.