Our Health Unit provides breastfeeding education and support in the following ways:
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes - Currently these classes will be held virtually
- Healthy Families Hotline
- Breastfeeding Clinics - Due to COVID-19, Breastfeeding Clinics are on hold until further notice. Breastfeeding support is provided by telephone and videoconferencing.
For information about online and other local breastfeeding supports, go to our Breastfeeding Resources.
Mothers benefit from the support of other mothers who are breastfeeding, such as a friend or relative who is breastfeeding or who has recently breastfed. You can also meet other breastfeeding mothers through:
- Parenting and Family Literacy Centres- English Centres
- Parenting and Family Literacy Centres- French Centres
- EarlyON Centres
Introduction of Solids
Best Start’s Feeding Your Baby From Six Months To A Year is a great resource that can help you learn about:
- When and how to start your baby on solid foods
- How you can make homemade baby food
- Safety and Allergies
For more information on starting solid foods or for a free copy of Feeding Your Baby From Six Months To A Year, you can contact our Healthy Families Hotline at 519-258-2146 ext. 1350 or send us an email.