Main Page Content

Photo of Personal Immunization Record

Every child should have a yellow card that keeps track of their immunizations.

It’s the parent’s job to keep the card updated, and to report immunizations received by their child to the health unit.  

As a parent, you can keep your kids of all ages healthy with routine vaccinations.  Health care providers, including doctors, do not report immunization dates to us.

Any time your child receives an immunization, please contact our immunization line at 519-258-2146 ext. 1222.

How do I update my child’s immunization record with the Health Unit?

  • Report Online.

  • Send us a fax: 519-258-7288.
  • Call us at: 519-258-2146 ext.1222.
  • Mail or bring your child's records to our Windsor or Leamington offices.

How do I request an immunization record from the Health Unit?

  • You may request your child’s immunization record up to the age of 16.
  • Due to privacy laws, anyone 16 years of age and older must request their own record.
  • Call the Healthy Schools department at 519-258-2146 ext.1222 to request a record.

Records can be faxed, mailed, or picked up at our Windsor location. Please allow one working day for record preparation.

What if I choose not to immunize my child?

Under the Immunization of School Pupils Act R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 645, students must be immunized against meningococcal, measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and varicella (for those born on or after January 1, 2010) or have a valid Medical, or Conscience or Religious Belief exemption on file at the Health Unit.